The women at Hopewell Presbyterian Church have a thriving and growing organization! Every woman in the Church has skills and talents that are needed. For the working women, there are many things that can be done at home at your convenience.
“Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves:
- To nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study
- To support the mission of the church worldwide
- To work for justice and peace
- To build and inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (USA) and witnesses to the promise of God’s kingdom.”
Presbyterian Women Circles
The 2022 – 2023 Bible study is Celebrating Sabbath: Accepting God’s Gift of Rest and Delight, by Carol M. Bechtel.
The normal monthly meeting date for each Circle is the Tuesday or Wednesday after the first Sunday of the month. The following Circles meet in Room A-12 of the Administrative Building at the time shown below:
Mary Torrence Circle — Tuesday, 10 a.m.
Ella Houston/Ona Patterson Circle — Tuesday, 2 p.m.
The following Circle meets in members’ homes, with the location announced monthly:
Cora Wayland Circle Tuesday, 7:15 p.m.
Presbyterian Women Committees
- Baby Blessings: Prepares four meals for the family with a new baby at a time convenient for them
- Bereavement: Prepares and serves a meal for the family at time of a funeral
- Blanket Sunday: Prepares for Blanket Sunday, a project of Church World Services
- By-Laws: Reviews and revises By-Laws
- Card Ministry: Sends cards as appropriate
- Finance: Prepares annual budget and manages the finances
- Handbook: Prepares and maintains the handbook
- Membership: Distributes information about Presbyterian Women to new members and visitors
- Spring Banquet: Organizes, plans, and prepares for the Spring Banquet
- Moderators’ Tea: Organizes, plans, and prepares for the Tea
- Service Project: Prepares and serves meals for the “Room in the Inn” ministry
- Women’s Retreat: Organizes and plans an annual women’s retreat
- “Happy Knitters”: Knits and crochets prayer shawls for the Levine and Dickson Hospice House in Huntersville and for Hopewell members with special needs
You are invited to participate in any Circle and/or committee activities that interest you. Please see our Newsletters and bulletins for current detailed meeting information on each of these groups. More information can also be found on the PW bulletin board located by Room A-5 in the Administrative Building hallway. You may also contact the Church Office if you have any questions.